Sunday, August 30, 2009

Thirteen - The Most Magical of Ages


Ah thirteen. God I hated being thirteen. Hormones activating, hair sprouting, funny smells emanating. The only thing that could possibly be worse is being the parent of a thirteen year old. Girlkid can switch from a mature, beautiful, lovely young lady to a whiny, self centred, immature brat in milliseconds. Thirteen year olds also know everything, whereas I no longer know anything. The following conversation I just had with Girlkid demonstrates the fun of parenting a thirteen year old

Me: Are you wearing that outside? It’s pretty cold.
Girlkid: No it’s not.
Me: It also looks like rain.
Girlkid: No it doesn’t.
Me: I wasn’t aware that you received your meteorologists degree.
Girlkid: OH MY GOD! YOU THINK YOU ARE SO FUNNY! YOU AREN’T! STOP RUINING MY LIFE!

I wonder if being thirteen again would make me funnier…

No comments:

Post a Comment